Below are some tips that will help you to care for your back:
- Staying active can help with back pain and help you maintain a healthy back.
- Be sure to get adequate rest, however prolonged bed rest may actually delay your recovery from back pain
- When lifting heavy objects, be certain that you bend at the knees and allow your legs do the work, and when carrying heavy objects, keep the item close to the body.
- Refrain from twisting your back, and instead, turn with your feet.
- Stay fit and aim for 30 minutes of regular exercise each day. People who are physically fit tend to experience less back pain and may recover faster when injured.
- Pace yourself when participating in any physical activity, especially if you are new to exercise or unaccustomed to the activity, or if the activity is high in intensity.
- Adjust your seats and support the lower back.